The Essential Social Media Accounts for Musicians in 2017 (subject to change)
- Your own website built with WordPress, SquareSpace or Wix.
Turn Up the Volume on your Self Promotion
Step 1: Write down your marketing Plan
Step 2: Follow your plan
Create Some Buzz
- Respond to comments quickly and participate in conversations on related Pages or Sites.
- Encourage fans to share their thoughts and opinions on your music.
- Post fan-created content and tag the creators, give credit where credit is due.
- Host contests to increase interest and attract new fans, like ants to sugar.
- Offer a song or good swag for FREE with a special “Followers Only” code.
- Be personal and tell the story behind your music.
- Balance promotional content with humor and heartfelt insights.
- Make sure your posts reach all the platforms by using tools like Buffer, HootSuite or IFTTT
- Research your Stats and make note of and schedule the best times to Post based on your fans’ activity.
- Be sure to add your social media links to ALL email signatures, newsletters, blog posts and even offline printed marketing material.
- Using the SoundCloud Master plugin you can easily share and sell your latest music through your own website.