The Essential Social Media Accounts for Musicians in 2017 (subject to change)
- Your own website built with WordPress, SquareSpace or Wix.
Turn Up the Volume on your Self Promotion
Step 1: Write down your marketing Plan
Step 2: Follow your plan
Create Some Buzz
- Respond to comments quickly and participate in conversations on related Pages or Sites.
- Encourage fans to share their thoughts and opinions on your music.
- Post fan-created content and tag the creators, give credit where credit is due.
- Host contests to increase interest and attract new fans, like ants to sugar.
- Offer a song or good swag for FREE with a special “Followers Only” code.
- Be personal and tell the story behind your music.
- Balance promotional content with humor and heartfelt insights.
- Make sure your posts reach all the platforms by using tools like Buffer, HootSuite or IFTTT
- Research your Stats and make note of and schedule the best times to Post based on your fans’ activity.
- Be sure to add your social media links to ALL email signatures, newsletters, blog posts and even offline printed marketing material.
- Using the SoundCloud Master plugin you can easily share and sell your latest music through your own website.
You’re gonna have to serve somebody.
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord.
But you’re gonna have to serve somebody.
Musicians and People in the Industry Who We’d Love to Interview
- Hey Violet
- Rena Lovelis / Nia Lovelis / Miranda Miller / Casey Moreta / Iain Shipp
- Chris Bell
- Neil Uchitel
- Jess Cates
- Bill Worthy
- Tim O’Brien
- Kenny Hoff
- Joe Stoop
- Mike Smith
- Lev Shelo
- Ash Soular
- David Harris
- John DiGrazia
- Bill Reynolds
- Tavis Bohlinger